ok..I am finally blogging...Pardon me for such a late entry.
I was busy...but I was glad to be busy...
Anyway, I've been working with book fair with zaobao last week and as for the past 4 days, I've been going through a course in sph. Well, as some of u guys know, I'm a pagi with Straits Times and they'll be changing their software soon so all of us are going through a training period now.
The new software is called Hermes and its a more user-friendly one as compared to the previous one. Basically, what you see on the papers is done with the software. so it kinda a layout thing for the papers.
Well, I am glad to be busy cos of 2 reasons.
1. I get paid to attend course.
2. Somehow I think I've found what I want in life.
Guess I've always complained about the stress levels and mad rush experienced in the News room, but I'm always glad to be back there. I will get all excited about stepping in news room cos sometimes, you just feel great after experiencing all adrenaline rush in your body (not that I'm sick or what but its the sense of accomplishment).
Going through the Hermes training is a big change for me. Feels like an confidence booster cos it just makes you feel all ready for the challenges ahead. Previously, I didn't go through any properly training for MTX so everything was picked on the job and there just isn't enough time for someone to sit down with you properly and go through the functions of it and let you play around with the software. Besides, there are more that one way of doing stuffs and everyone does it diferently so you hardly get stuffs registered into your head.
This time during the training, I'm glad that I have a great trainer. Solomon, thanks! Well, he probably won't see this entry but I am seriously grateful to him for being such a detailed and patient person. He's definitely the correct person and I would say that he teaches better than some of the lecturers I see in NUS (shame on those lecturers!!).
I have popping by the newsroom everyday I finish training to hang around with the rest of the pagis and I just feel so excited to be there (well, I'm not kidding!!).
I'm looking forward to start working on the Hermes system next week.