I've been busy for the past few days....haven't been in my best mood..so kinda trying to cheer myself up?? anyway, I went steamboat with bingrong yest at chinatown..we just ate....and ate...and ate....for 2 hours...yes, for the whole of 2 hours...its was a great meal with someone like him...cos we talked and talked and talked while we eat...
Was back in MJ today for some alumni gathering..wanted to go back badly cos I guess I haven't been in touch with some people for a while...well...just realised that almost everyone has changed..some slimmer, some fatter..some prettier..some uglier ... even the school compound changed...new and unfamiliar banners were put up by some juniors, the trees grew (I remember that they were on the verge of dying when I entered the schoool, and when I left, they grew a little stronger and now, they are capable shading 1 or 2 pple under it..) and this is how time flies...I kinda left the school officially in DEc 2004..and before u know it..1 yr just went past like that....
well, I wanna take this time to reflect what has happened in 2005..
Guess 2005 was a year of change and growth for me....I went through many things..and felt that I kinda grew a lot (and I really mean a lot) in the past yr....realised that I need shorter time to recover from my failures and this would actually meant that I kinda grew stronger..
JAn to May--
I started teaching at my secondary school, experiencing what was it like to face a class of 40 students. I got angry, sad and happy. I remember dragging myself to work each day cos I have to be up by 6am..and teachers, unfortunately cannot be late..cos we have to set a good role model for students. I remember getting pissed off my students who are constantly sleeping or talking in class..and marking their test and exam scripts just dont make my day....but after a while, I realised that I was once a kid like them....
I started to understand their feelings more when I tried putting myself into their situations and in fact, they are nice kids outside classrooms. But someone has to take up the role to teach them...all it requires are patience and determination + communication...without teachers, I wouldn't be where I am today...therefore, I started to seriously respect those teachers who devoted their life and time to teaching...
MArch--
I recieved my A levels results...something that determines the rest of my life...it is different from O levels..cos after Os, you get to choose between JC or Poly..but for As, you don't have a choice and you die die must get into uni...if not, ur life is gonna be screwed cos u kinda waste 2 yrs in JC and got to go back to poly again...alternatively, u can choose to go overseas..which is freaking ex..and you prob wont choose this unless u want freaking rich...(cos you will wanna go to at least some decent unis abroad..and these places need lots of $$$)
June --
Went on 2 trips..one to penang...was with a few sph people...pretty enjoyable and ate pretty nice food there...
there other to CHina (shanghai, suzhou, yangzhou and nanjing) with a lot of sph people..trip was damn fun..ahaha...built up good rapport with some of those who went...shopped like mad...and learnt more about some historical places in china...an eye-opening trip...was glad that I went...
August --
Started school in NUS...and shifted into Kent Ridge Hall...got to know a lot of nice nice people...enjoyed my stay there for the first sem..tho I was pretty busy with sch and lots of other activities...
September --
Celebrated one of my memorable bdae with a bunch of good friends. These group of friends are people whom I seriously treasure and I thank God for you guys coming into my life...
Was nominted for 3 awards in sph prize giving ceremony...was proud to say that tho I only submitted 2 or 3 pieces of works, I'm glad that they were still being regconised...I won 2 out of the 3 for individual and 2 for groups awards...
Nov --
I struggled through my first major exams in NUS...it was tough but strong friendships were built up during this period of time...special thanks to yunwen, xinli, zhihao, mingfeng and ian. thanks for being there.....
Dec --
5th xinma camp....it is something very close my heart...my first time leading a wonderful committee of 28 members. thanks for making my first attempt as a camp leader such a successful one...I seriously enjoyed myself working with each and everyone of you and I've learnt a lot from u all too..also, I'm glad that closer friendsuips has been built up with more sph people..like getting to know everyone better ....special thanks to yuneng, yaoxian, bingrong, biaogang...you guys have helped me a lot and were my pillars during the camp..thanks a lot...
and finally others --
"others" becos these events have no specific time frame or I kinda forgot when it happened...
I've been thru something that made my fall badly...took me a long time to learn how to stand up...and I'm glad that I've learnt to stand on my own now...it hasn't been easy, seriously..just wanna take the opportunity to thank those peepz stood by me...like jianhua, shirmaine, bingrong..you guys were the first few people to know it..so just wanna thanks for the constant encouragment...
Friendships at muchuan....it has been a tough 1 yr for all...people come and people go...hmm..it wasn;t easy to mantain such a "large" friendship, especially with people from different "groups"...but we've made it..hahaz....i just hope that this kind of relationship will last and wanna thank everyone who made the effort to contribute to this friendship.....
lastly, just wanna say that my family went thru a period of ups and downs these few years...and this has seriously helped my grow a lot...like what i always say...just never be afraid to stand up after each defeat because it will eventually help you to grow stronger and each fall will bring u further in life...it is okay to be upset for a while....but don't take too long..cos it u are constantly looking back, you will never realise the goodness of everything that u have in front....
and before I go...My new year resolutions = none... cos I have not fulfilled most that I made for 2005..so shall not set any boundaries for myself this coming year (shall try to get better results next sem, and also, will try mantain the friendships that took me a long time to build up)...will try to make the most out of my life, of course and most importantly, whatever will happen, shall happen..
hence, it is important for one to enjoy life to the fullest..cos you will never know what will happen tommorrow....:)
*thanks for taking time to read this long post of mine, hope that it hasn't been too boring...*